Sirens would be the daughters of the dance muse Terpsichore and god river Aquelous. In Middle Age their form was consolidated in what we understand today as the mermaids whom through their sweet song would be able to attract sailors to the bottom of the ocean.
Through the brazillian folklore, the Iara Ring represents the individual’s independence and the refusal to be arrested due to the sirens characteristics of always be in motion. With this piece, we open space for the reflections proposed in the new collection that is to question the current mass behavior and the urgent need to preserve our individual flow and own ideas.
To discover your ideal size check “Size Guide” in the footer menu.
The 5th Collection was conceived in a moment of individual, social, and environmental revaluation. As we are Isolated, we had to rethink ourselves as individuals and as a society. The internal anxiety, previously dormant by the daily frenzy, is currently latent and no longer is satisfied with the same old thing. Same patterns, same attitudes and the same social paradigms. In this scenario, POES also goes through its own questions. After all, what really matters? How to inspire and stay inspired? The answer lies in the dilemma itself:beauty.
Therefore, “Omorphia” – μορφιά,beauty in Greek, is the starting point of the collection.
Beauty, for the brand, is understood not only by the aesthetical perception. It goes further. Beauty is a fundamental value capable of making individual transcend the individual’s self to reach the collective, such as a beautiful landscape that brings the sense of belonging and immensity. Beauty is essential to overcome difficulties and rekindle values.
In Ancient Greece it was said that was only possible to create something truly beautiful by the bless of the muses.
In this collection, beauty comes as the gift of the nine muses of the arts of Greek mythology. They are the inspiration of our pieces and they shall inspire those who wear them. We wish that you not only drink water but also fill the grail, likewise our creative process for this collection.
As the moment calls, the aesthetics of the pieces also undergo a disruption. The feminine beauty is a canon that changes according to the historical period. This phenomenon is seen mainly in the representation of the ideal female beauty in art. Studies of these different periods of art attempting to understand this cultural phenomenon and question it borrowed new forms and ways of seeing the ideal of female beauty. This new way is brought to contemporary jewelry bringing beauty a new look.
We hope that the pieces bring beauty and inspire the beautiful.
μπορεί η ομορφιά να είναι μαζί σου – may the beauty be with you.
Ring made in Sterlling Silver.
Composition and Care
– POES only uses noble materials, such as 925 silver (sterling silver – composed of 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper alloy), 18K gold, and precious and semi-precious stones.
– All pieces are handmade in 925 silver and may or may not have rhodium or gold plating, as indicated in the product description.
– Silver naturally undergoes the chemical oxidation process that causes a change in color and texture. This process varies according to how you use it. It must be kept away from contact with water, alcohol, cleaning products, cosmetics, chlorine, and any other chemicals. Always remember to remove your jewelry before washing your hands!
– The gold plating can be harmed by mere use or friction.
– Natural stones and pearls can damage and even break with impacts.
– Always keep jewelry in a dry place and away from direct sunlight.
– Store and transport the jewelry separately, so that they are not close to each other to avoid any friction.
– Do not use cleaning products, cosmetics, chlorine, and any other chemical products.
– Do not use abrasive products for cleaning. Just polish it carefully with dry flannel.
– Sudden falls cause irreparable damage to the product
In case of doubts, we answer promptly by firstname.lastname@example.org, via DM on Instagram (@poesjewelry) or by WhatsApp (to access click on the link on the bottom right side of the page).
We are here to make sure your experience buying POES is awesome! 🙂
There are no reviews yet.