The Philippe ring displays wiry curves and dramatic shapes characteristic of the Art Nouveau period. The arabesques were an elegant cradle for a transparent opal. Which the iridescent glow is caricature of the movement.
The name was given in honor of the jeweler Philippe Wolters, which was the most prestigious of the Art Nouveau jewelers working in Brussels. His works were influenced on nature, sensuality and commonly brought exotic flowers, especially orchids. Wolfers’ pieces were less about gemstones and more about enamel.
To discover your ideal size check “Size Guide” in the footer menu.
The Collection IV is based on the Art Nouveau artistic and social movement. The movement dates from 1890-1920 and has as a philosophy the rescue of beauty in its most elementary form: nature and the feminine form.
Art Nouveau was born in a rapid social changes period where people discovered new ways of seeing life (films and photographs) meanwhile living through the beauty and evil of the Industrial Revolution. Art Nouveau presents itself as a countermovement to industrialization fighting against the loss of individuality and beauty.
Nowadays, one hundred years from the movement, Art Nouveau’s philosophy is current: we see an immediate need to slow down industrialization, ourselves and excessive consumption.
POES found in the movement the inspiration for a collection rich in feminine forms and with nods to the Art Nouveau jewelry but reinterpreted to the contemporary lifestyle and fashion.
The philosophy of the movement is also our inspiration to our’s brand philosophy. We believe in the need for a daily dose of beauty and art, as well as conscious consumption through durable goods and timeless style.
Collection IV does not follow any contemporary trend. It follows the oldest trend in accessories: our need for beauty and our seek for differentiation.
Ring made in Sterlling Silver with gold plating and a 6x8mm opal.
Composition and Care
– POES only uses noble materials, such as 925 silver (sterling silver – composed of 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper alloy), 18K gold, and precious and semi-precious stones.
– All pieces are handmade in 925 silver and may or may not have rhodium or gold plating, as indicated in the product description.
– Silver naturally undergoes the chemical oxidation process that causes a change in color and texture. This process varies according to how you use it. It must be kept away from contact with water, alcohol, cleaning products, cosmetics, chlorine, and any other chemicals. Always remember to remove your jewelry before washing your hands!
– The gold plating can be harmed by mere use or friction.
– Natural stones and pearls can damage and even break with impacts.
– Always keep jewelry in a dry place and away from direct sunlight.
– Store and transport the jewelry separately, so that they are not close to each other to avoid any friction.
– Do not use cleaning products, cosmetics, chlorine, and any other chemical products.
– Do not use abrasive products for cleaning. Just polish it carefully with dry flannel.
– Sudden falls cause irreparable damage to the product
In case of doubts, we answer promptly by [email protected], via DM on Instagram (@poesjewelry) or by WhatsApp (to access click on the link on the bottom right side of the page).
We are here to make sure your experience buying POES is awesome! 🙂